Saturday, April 11, 2009

(Part 24) Why I Tell My At All

SATURDAY JANUARY 5, 2008


Had it not been for the internet I would have remained little more than a blip in the history of rock n roll. But because the internet allows every conceivable fact and thought to be captured, saved, and reborn on the web I was swept out of my corner and reissued into the current world.

No one has ever gotten the story straight so I have taken it upon myself to carefully and methodically go through specific highlights from the (my) past and put them in order. I grew weary of reading the bullshit passed off as fact by so called music history experts. From what I can tell most of these people print rumor as a fact, because that's easier than getting the facts. I have contacted numerous sources who publish this crap and made myself available to them, but they have chosen to ignore me.

When written material that is inaccurate, will not be changed, because someone can't or won't admit they're wrong I would say that same material and those who write and publish it is just plain bogus. If someone gains a reputation for historical content, about music business history, and it is found to be completely inaccurate, I would have to say that their reputation is as false as the facts they have written. I don't particularly care if you like what I am saying, because I am not saying it to get you to like me.

I am telling my story, because it is my story. I have waited 43 years to set the record straight and if some toes get stepped on then so be it. My whole life was altered repeatedly by the events that I am relaying here. As a reader you have the right to decide whether you believe what I say or not. I have no control over the opinions of others. What I have here is an opportunity to give you my version of the facts as I remember them and frankly relive them as I tell my story. I am by no means a special case regarding the misrepresentations of these so called historians. I am just one of many whom I hope will likewise take time to set the record straight.

Bobby Jameson (aka) Chris Lucey Jan 5 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment