Wednesday, April 8, 2009

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 4, 2008

(part 70) NANCY HARWOOD

From bobby jameson


This is Nancy Harwood. She was a Playboy Centerfold in 1968 and my favorite of all the women I have lived with. I met her at Howard Gilliam's house in 68. She was arrogant and pushy and I asked her to leave, she refused, I asked her again and she said no. I then told her to get out and again she said no. She was used to getting her own way and it became a test of wills which she was determined to win.

I stood up and walked over to her where she was seated in a chair and said, "Goddamn it get the fuck out of my house." "I don't want to," she said. I reached down and grabbed her by a handful of hair and lifted her out of the chair. She was like a cat being grabbed by the nape of the neck as I drug her to the front door and opened it. I continued dragging her out onto the front landing and let her go and then turned and walked back inside and slammed the door.

In about 45 minutes the front doorbell rang and I went over to open it, thinking it might be the police. As I opened the door I saw Nancy standing there looking kind of sheepish and a lot less aggressive. She said, "I'm sorry I was so rude can I come back in?" I let her in and she didn't leave my side for the next year and a half this was the way things happened in my life. Nancy had been the girlfriend of JOHNNY ECHOLS, from the band LOVE, I never knew how she ended up at Howard's house that day, but I never forgot it and I'll never forget her.

If there was ever a woman that I actually loved, it was her, she was a special creature and I mean that in the very best of ways. nancy and I loved hard and fought hard but no matter what she would not leave me, she was loyal to the bone with me, I can not speak for JOHNNY ECHOLS. Everywhere I went with her people would just stare at her and then look at me, wondering why someone like her was with me. I used to get a kick out of watching guys try to get her attention and leave me. It happened all the time and went on for as long as we were together, I got into a lot of fights because of that, but in a strange kind of a way I liked it, it met I had something everybody else wanted and couldn't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment