Thursday, April 9, 2009

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 23, 2008

(part 60) BEHIND THE SCENES MEDDLING


As of a year ago, these pages were found for sale on EBAY. They indicate things going on behind the scenes that I knew nothing about. MIRA PRODUCTIONS (RANDY WOOD and ABE SOMER) maneuvering the situation to their own advantage. This attempt obviously put VERVE RECORDS off and the negative outcome was seen in Verve's reluctance to promote "COLOR HIM IN" for fear of having to fight over BOBBY JAMESON as an artist with MIRA RECORDS and RANDY WOOD'S publishing company. The fact that MIRA and WOODS didn't own my publishing or have me nailed down as an artist was irrelevant to the damage done by this kind of meddling by ABE SOMER, RANDY WOOD, and MIRA RECORDS and PRODUCTIONS.

What is amazing about this paper, is that RANDY WOOD is telling ABE SOMER an absolute lie here, in a document below. He states that MIRA PRODUCTIONS, according to the document signature area that's who this is from, have me as an artist and a writer under both BOBBY JAMESON and a fictitious name, CHRIS LUCEY I assume, or maybe CHRIS DUCEY. Either way it is a lie. He then goes on to say that he, RANDY WOOD, wants ABE SOMER, to get a contract, regarding me approved by the court, which is pretty interesting since I never signed one. That is a piece of paper that I would love to see.

This document is again from MIRA. Look at DEAR MARCEL. Just under it you can clearly see MIRA PRODUCTIONS INC. bleeding through from the page behind. So what I have here is a written statement by Randy Wood, telling Marcel Stellman from DECCA RECORDS UK, a label I was on (ALL I WANT IS MY BABY) that MGM(VERVE) has a deal with STEVE CLARK for me as an artist and writer and that he WOODS(SURREY) own the publishing to 14 of my songs, 10 of which were released as "'SONGS OF PROTEST AND ANTI PROTEST" by CHRIS DUCEY, not LUCEY, but CHRIS DUCEY. This is just a flat out lie! Anyway, it would seem obvious that MGM(VERVE) was potentially put off by this kind of back and forth between others who had worked with me in the past.

Only recently did I learn of how Randy Wood and Abe Somer harmed the Verve deal with "COLOR HIM IN". It was PHIL TURETSKY who had an office at MIRA and was friends with Randy Wood and Abe Somer who was the one who took me from MIRA to STEVE CLARK and OUR PRODUCTIONS. I have no way of knowing whether Phil Turetsky had any knowledge of this or not. It is sad to learn, some 40 years later, that nothing was as it appeared in 1966 and 67.




CLICK ON PICTURES TO ENLARGE

No comments:

Post a Comment